Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hitchiking my first lift!

Today I hitchhiked for the first time. Like I mentioned before the closest village for groceries, internet, phones, etc.. is a 20 minute hike and a 30 minute bus ride. I wouldn't say that the buses are very reliable, sooo my fellow travelers proposed we hitchhiked. This is not on my normal list of things to do while in another country, but I thought what the heck it will be an experience! We ended up getting a ride very quickly, by an american guy and his dad who was visiting from the states. They were both from Phoenix, AZ. While it had been raining the past few days, the roads were extra slippery. Garret lost control on a tricky turn and we got into a minor accident. Everyone was fine which is all that matters. I felt bad for the guy- i hope he had renters insurance! We then hitched another lift with a nice Panamanian man, it turned out to be a pretty neat experience! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment