Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Casco Viejo

Casco Viejo (the old quarter) was founded in 1673 after Henry Morgan burned down the original city (panama viejo). In 1997 Uneseco declared " Casco Viejo".

Better late than never! I Arrived in Panama City late last night. I took a taxi from Tocumen airport to Casco Viejo. My taxi driver was very friendly and managed to give me a little history lesson on our drive to "Luna's Castle".

Luna's CasTle is a huge, funky colonial mansion in Casco Viejo. As a perk, every morning you have free coffee or tea and unlimited pancakes while you sit in the common area and enjoy the morning breeze, read, write some emails. Everyone is laid back and super friendly. It's only my first day, but I'm really trying to get chatty and meet other travelers..

No comments:

Post a Comment