Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sometimes too much of a good thing can be a bad thing

A few days ago I was beginning to think that this statement could be true. I was very ill for the past few days, with a 105 fever, headache, muscle aches. My fever was up and down but after a few days of it not going away, I was really beginning to worry! I was thinking of the worst- could this be yellow fever? Malaria? Surly it's not common here in the Chiriqui province, but I would be that exception, that rare case, it would happen to ME! Feeling helpless while in another country is terrible. I was fortunate to have such lovely caring people looking after me. People who I had met a few days prior! It really opens my eyes a bit more when things like this happen to me. Acts of kindness- reminds me that there are still caring hearts out there. I can not thank you enough Lars and Maria!

After to giving it another day, It's safe to say that I feel human once again. I think my body was in shock- going from the big apple to the rainforest where the air is clean- everything so fresh and green.. Well I hope that was the end of my sick streak. Losing my voice in Panama City my first week, CHECK! Getting a fever in Chiriqui my second week, CHECK!

Remember: simple acts of kindness go a long way :).

No comments:

Post a Comment