Friday, December 23, 2011

“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.”

At times when I get home sick (very rare), I like to read these quotes,it reminds me that I am right where I'm supposed to be..

“Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.”  Cesare Pavese

 “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener


No comments:

Post a Comment